Pop Minute

Home    Photos    Videos    What's on TV Tonight

Director Edgar Wright Leaves 'Ant-Man' After Eight Years Of Development

Director Edgar Wright, who faithfully helped develop Marvel's 'Ant-Man' for eight years, as left the project.

Wright had done re-write over re-write imagining the best way to bring the superhero to the big screen. At Comic-Con in 2012 he debuted his first person perspective footage of how the film would engage audiences.

However, Wright has not left the project due to creative differences.

Marvel and Wright say the split is "due to differences in their vision of the film."

It adds "the decision to move on is amicable and does not impact the release date on July 17, 2015. A new director will be announced shortly."

Shortly before Paul Rudd was officially announced as Ant-Man last year, Wright said he was glad to finally be at this stage.

"It's high time to finish something I've been working on," he said.

Wright is best known for 'Shaun of the Dead', 'Hot Fuzz' and 'The World's End'.

The rest of the film's cast includes Michael Douglas, Evangeline Lilly (photosEvangeline Lilly photos), Michael Pena, Corey Stoll and Patrick Wilson.

May 27, 2014 |

Related Posts
  Marvel Releases First Trailer For 'Ant-Man and the Wasp'
  Marvel's 'Avengers: Infinity War' Trailer Debuts
  'The Punisher' Reveals Release Date with New Extended Trailer
  Marvel Debuts Ruthless Hero-King In First 'Black Panther' Trailer
  Michelle Pfeiffer & Laurence Fishburne Joins 'Ant-Man and the Wasp'
  Tom Holland Says Marvel Won't Let Him Read 'Avengers: Infinity War' Script
  'Spider-Man Homecoming' To Begin Marvel Cinematic Universe's Phase 4
  Extended Trailer For Fox's Marvel X-Men Series 'The Gifted'
  Marvel's Netflix Heroes Team Up in First 'The Defenders' Trailer




© Copyright & Privacy Policy Pop Minute. All rights reserved. | Feedback