Pop Minute

Home    Photos    Videos    What's on TV Tonight

Cory Monteith Autopsy Confirms He Died of Heroin, Alcohol Overdose

British Columbia Coroners Service has confirmed that Cory Monteith died of an accidental drug and alcohol overdose.

The 'Glee' actor "died of a mixed drug toxicity, involving heroin and alcohol," says the official statement following autopsy and toxicological testing.

"There is no evidence to suggest Mr. Monteith's death was anything other than a most-tragic accident."

"Mr. Monteith's family has been made aware of the circumstances surrounding the death. On behalf of family members, the British Columbia Coroners Service asks that the media respect their privacy at this difficult time."

The Canadian-born actor was in Vancouver visiting his mother. He was found dead in his room at the Fairmont Pacific Rim Hotel on Saturday afternoon after reportedly bar-hopping on Friday night.

"It was pretty clear that there was no struggle, no evidence of foul play, and that there was evidence in the room that was consistent with drug use," Vancouver police constable Brian Montague told reporters.

July 17, 2013 |

Related Posts
  Ryan Murphy: Original 'Glee' Ending Included Cory Monteith In Final Scene
  Lea Michele Opens Up About Cory Monteith's Death With Ellen
  Ryan Murphy Discusses How Cory Monteith‘s Finn Will Die On 'Glee'
  Tearful Lea Michele Dedicates Teen Choice Award To Cory Monteith
  'Glee' Delays Season Premiere Following Cory Monteith's Death
  Jane Lynch Tries Not To Cry Remembering Cory Monteith On 'Tonight Show'
  'Glee' Star Cory Monteith Found Dead At Age 31
  'Glee's Cory Monteith Checks Into Rehab For Substance Addiction
  'Glee's Cory Monteith: I'm 'Lucky to Be Alive' After Drug Problems




© Copyright & Privacy Policy Pop Minute. All rights reserved. | Feedback